O’Hagan Ward & Co are authorised Commissioners for Oaths in Ranelagh Dublin 6. A Commissioner for Oaths is a person who is authorised to verify affidavits, which are statements in writing and on oath, and other legal documents.
Every solicitor holding a current practising certificate is entitled to administer oaths and to use the title “Commissioner for Oaths” and can also act as a Peace Commissioner.
You may need our services as a Commissioner for Oaths in South Dublin if:
- you are giving evidence on affidavit for court proceedings in Ireland
- you are making an affirmation, declaration, acknowledgement, examination or attestation for the purposes of court proceedings or for the purposes of registration of documents
The Functions of a Commissioner for Oaths
The essential functions of a Commissioner for Oaths are:
- to make sure that the evidence in question is in written form ie. on affidavit
- to establish that the person swearing the affidavit understands the contents
- to require the person to swear that the affidavit is true
- to verify that the affidavit was properly sworn by completing a “jurat” on the affidavit
- to charge a fee for his/her services.
- certifying documents as true copies of the originals
- To witness signatures on documents
Please contact our Solicitors who specialize in witnessing documents in Ranelagh Dublin 6 Ireland